Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Time Capsule

What is this? 
It looks like it could be a box from the future, or maybe even some type of weird device. Whoever designed this seemed to be a very colorful person. From the looks it this box, it seems to be a girl. She probably designed it to be like her personality. Colorful and cheerful with flowers and weird designs that she liked to doodle. There's rhinestones that probably show that this girl liked to be a shining person. Someone who likes to make her projects and ideas over the top with glitter and shiny items. It looks pretty cool if you ask me. I'm about to open it and see what's inside, or see if it blows up or starts to fly or tells me something crazy like it's from the future trying to spy on someone.





Sadly when I opened the box nothing spectacular came from it. It actually seems like it's from about 20 years ago. There's some writing in it, a girls name along with a few things about her. It says stuff about how it's her junior year of high school and the box is from 2014. That's crazy! It seems like it could be something from the future but it's 20 years old. It looks like it's a time capsule. I did a project and researched some things that were popular when my grandparents were alive and time capsules were one of them. I wish that we could make time capsules like this, it seems so cool but all we have is stupid holograms and video glasses. It would be so cool to try and save things to open so many years from now. This girl seemed to be pretty nice and had some close friends. There's some pictures of her and a few people in here and she seems to look pretty happy. There's also a cheerleading bow, which makes me assume she was a cheerleader. There's a lot of pink and blue so I'm sure those were her favorite colors. There's also this weird looking tan thing that looks like it's hard and folded. I've never seen one before and there's weird symbols on it. When I took a hologram of it, my phone sent me to a video of something called a fortune cookie and then I sort of recognized it. Of course we have Chinese food still, but we get fortunes sent to us on our phones, not in the form of cookies. This seems so much cooler! I wish that I lived back then. There's so many drawings in here that are really good looking. They're on small pieces of paper so that they would fit, and there's things like flowers and portaits of people that look like her family. There's also some prom pictures which is pretty cool because we still have prom pictures today. There magazine clippings of clothing and it looks like people who she liked to watch on tv. This part is pretty cool because we wear some of the things that were new and popular back then. It looks like she has a few favorite movies and tv shows. There's so many things in here about this girl and I really wish that I could find her and meet her to give her all of her stuff back. I'm sure she would love to see all of her old things, espeically all of these pictures and compare how she is now to how she was as a teenager. I'm really glad I found this because I'm going to try and bring back time capsules because this is such a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment