Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pop Print

One of my favorite things we've done this year was the pop print. My class was instructed to pick an object that we would like to trace onto a stamp. The first object I chose was from our collection of blue things. I drew and transferred the picture of the now onto a stamp and cut it out. After producing many pieces with my bow stamp, I decided to make another one. My second stamp was a sun with a ying-yang in the center, simply because at the time I was doodling suns all over my paper. After I created both the stamps and printed with each, I decided to create a few pictures with both. I loved printing with all the different colors of ink and all the different ways I could use my stamp. I mostly used layering to make my combined pictures. I chose these two pictures to be my favorite for completely opposite reasons. The first picture was one of my favorites because I like all the colors and as soon as you look at it, you are unsure what it's suppose to be. You need to look more into it to be able to see the sun and ying-yanga underwear yellow bows. I loved the way the colors worked together. The second picture was one of my favorites because you can see everything that was printed. Originally it was just the pink suns with the black bows. I knew I wanted to color in the ying-yangs and I chose the color green because I thought it was the color that was the most different from black and pink. Overall, I really enjoyed making the stamps and printing many pictures on many different ways and colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment