Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fortune Cookie Assignment

Each student in my class chose a few random fortune cookies from a bag. The majority of the fortunes I chose had to do with success. I wanted to add the words on the back of the fortunes and how to say them in Chinese, so the base of my piece is all the words in English that were on the fortunes. The whole point of the messy work that I did underneath was so show that no matter how messy anything gets, you can still be successful. I also put the words in different areas and in different ways to symbolize how no matter how messed up or how scrambled something is, you can always pick yourself back up. The staircase is suppose to represent the steps to success. I really had a hard time with this project at first, but the more I did to it, the more it came together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment